Five Things To Do Instead of New Year's Resolutions:
"Tired of the traditional New Year’s resolution to lose weight, get fit, or get out of credit card debt? Below are five fresh alternatives to help you celebrate yourself in 2012, and get to your goals in 2013."
1. Write yourself a letter from your future self, dated 1/1/2014.
2. List your favorite memory and triumphs of 2012, including the challenges you faced with courage or humor (even if things didn't turn out the way you hoped).
3. Imagine the highlights of 2013. Make a list of at least 5 things to look forward to in the coming year.
4. Make a list of what you are grateful for in your life.
5. Make a 2013 commitment to someone else.
Jar Full of Goodness!
Start the year with an empty jar and fill it with notes about good things that happen. Then, on New Years Eve, empty it and see what awesome stuff happened that year. Good way to keep things in perspective.
On days when nothing particularly good happens, I'm going to write something I'm grateful for, so I'll end the year with 365 notes!
The Tabata Protocol
My son told me about this and it looks very doable. The Tabata Protocal is the best supra-aerobic cardio workout ever discovered!
Read more here.
Here are a couple of alternative resolution ideas:
Ten Alternative New Year's Resolution Ideas
Five Food-Related Resolutions
Last thing - DO NOT forget to say RABBIT, RABBIT, RABBIT the first thing when you wake up January 1st and you'll have a lucky year! If you do it the first thing every month, that month will be lucky. Stop rolling your eyes and just do it - what could it hurt?
Again - if you have some ideas that are not listed here, please share them in a comment!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!
Connect with me on Twitter and Facebook. Plus, sign up for free email updates from this blog (in the upper right hand side of the page).