I want to spread the word about an amazing organization called First Book! First Book provides access to new books for children in need in the US and Canada. To date, First Book has distributed more than 90 million free and low cost books in thousands of communities!
If you're an educator or program administrator, and at least 70% of the children in your program come from low-income families, you can register to receive free or low-cost books from First Page.
From their website:
First Book distributes books in three ways:
- Need Free Books?
- The First Book National Book Bank distributes free books to programs that serve at least 70% children from low-income families.
- Want Low-cost, High-quality Books?
- The First Book Marketplace is an online store selling books and educational materials discounted up 50 - 90% off retail prices to programs that serve at least 70% children from low-income families.
- Interested in Grants for Books?
- First Book Advisory Boards make community level grants enabling programs that serve at least 70% children from low-income families to receive free books.