Friday, January 13, 2012

Perfect Picture Book Friday - Thomas' Snowsuit

My writer friend, Susanna Leonard Hill has a feature on her blog called Perfect Picture Book Friday.  In her post, she reviews a book she loves.  There's also a running list of books loved and reviewed by other bloggers.  She posts it every Friday - bet you figured that out :-)  

Since we got about 4 inches of snow yesterday, I thought I'd choose Thomas' Snowsuit for my first review.


Written by: Robert Munsch
Illustrated by: Michael Martchenko 
Published by: Annick Press, 1989

(Snow)Suitable for: ages 4 and up
Theme/Topic: Common Childhood Experiences; 
Emotion; Humor; Mischief; Seasons

Brief Synopsis: Thomas refuses to wear the new brown snowsuit his mother bought for him. "If you think I am going to wear that ugly snowsuit, you are crazy!" Every time his mother, or teacher, or principal tries to make him put it on, Thomas says "NNNNNNO" - which kids love saying along with him!  After several hilarious attempts to get him in his snowsuit, Thomas' friend calls him out to play and he jumps in his snowsuit and runs out.


Why I like this book: Anyone who has ever had to get a child in a snowsuit, boots, hat, mittens, scarf . . . to go play in the snow will appreciate this book.  My kids and I laughed out loud reading this book and they loved joining Thomas' in his "NNNNNNNO" refrain!

No comments:

Post a Comment