Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Poetry Month, Day 9 - Hasenpfeffer

Today's word was given to me by Liz Austin, my sort of niece!  I had only heard this word on Laverne and Shirley, in their theme song.  You can watch it here.  I wasn't sure what it meant and I was a little disturbed when I found out it's rabbit stew!! 



Hasenpfeffer
On the first day of each month,
the first words that I speak,
are Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit.
I know it - I'm a freak!

But really it's good luck,
well, at least it's always been.
Until one dreadful morning,
for this vegetarian!

I woke to such an odor
that wafted on the zephyr.
Imagine my disgust
when I found the hasenpfeffer!!



Connect with me on Twitter and Facebook.  Plus, sign up for free  
email updates from this blog (in the upper right hand side of the page). 

No comments:

Post a Comment