Saturday, August 1, 2009

Youtube Tuesday: Perpetuum Jazzile

This is an amazing youtube video of Perpetuum Jazzile, Slovenia's only jazz choir. In this video, Perpetuum Jazzile performs the song Africa, written by David Paich & Jeff Porcaro and originally performed by their band, Toto. Here's what David Paich said about this performance on Perpetuum Jazzile's website:

My name is David Paich. When I wrote Africa I never dreamed of hearing such an innovative rendition. All I can say is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am truly honored that you not only would arrange a choir version of the song but the time and effort into creating REAL MAGIC! I have NEVER received so many emails from artists friends and colleagues on a singular performance of a song.

My hats off to all of you.

I know my co-writer Jeff Porcaro would have shared the same feelings. I know my band TOTO does.

Again, thanks you for such a wonderful gift.I would love to meet everyone sometime soon and maybe work together.

Regards.........David



Let me know what you think after you watch it.


No comments:

Post a Comment