Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Poetry Month - Day 17: Bosk


Today's word, Bosk, came from a fellow author, B.J. Lee. Did you know that a bosk is "a small wood or thicket, especially of bushes?" I sure didn't. The only bosk I've heard of is Bosc pears :-) Guess what? There is no word that rhymes with bosk (except mosque, but I found that out after I wrote the poem. So, I kind of cheated a bit with the pronunciation. Here it is:




Bosk

If I were from England, I’d take her to “tosk”
for giving a hard-to-rhyme word, such as bosk!

If I were from England, I wouldn’t be “hoppy”
while wasting my time on a word that’s so “croppy”!

If I were from England, I’d be in a “ponic”
A bit like the passengers on the “Titonic”!

If I were from England, I’d need a long “nop”
‘Cause, I’d be asleep - it’s an eight hour “gop”!




Connect with me on Twitter and Facebook.  Plus, sign up for free 
email updates from this blog (in the upper right hand side of the page).

No comments:

Post a Comment